As we watch the news of the Coronavirus unfold around the world, and here at home in the United States we are adapting to the rapid changes to keep our community safe and continue educating our students. In these unprecedented times, we are grateful for your flexibility and patience.
The safety of our students and our community is our top priority, and we are grateful for our partnership with you as we work to keep our community healthy. We are closely monitoring the spread of the virus; please check this page regularly for updates and announcements about our policies and procedures.
CORONAVIRUS COMMUNITY UPDATES:
Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially before eating.
If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
Stay home when you are sick. Per our student and parent handbook, individuals must be fever-free (without the use of fever-reducing medications) for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
If you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, seek medical care and share recent travel history with your healthcare provider.
SELF-ISOLATION AND SELF-QUARANTINE GUIDELINES
- Symptoms as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control may include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, and may appear anywhere between two and 14 days from the point of infection.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the viral spread, anyone who is experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms is required to remain home until symptoms have subsided.
- In addition, please review the guidelines below if you have traveled or will be traveling to a Level 2 or Level 3 country.
- Please contact Brook Hill (email@example.com) if your student is required to self-quarantine. Continue to check the CDC’s travel advisory website as well as the State of Texas website for any domestic travel locations for up-to-date information and recommendations.
- Travel to or through CDC Level 2 and Level 3 Warned Countries: Anyone who has traveled to or through a Level 2 or Level 3 CDC warned country is REQUIRED to follow CDC and department of health guidelines, to inform the school, and to self-isolate from the school and school community (as a family) for a minimum of 14 days.
- Travel by Cruise Ship: The State Department has “stated that U.S. citizens, particularly travelers with underlying health conditions, should not travel by cruise ship.” Community members who have plans to travel on a cruise should be aware that they may also be asked to self-isolate or be placed in quarantine upon return.
- If you are traveling in the upcoming weeks, you must immediately inform Brook Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you or a family member is advised to self-isolate or self-quarantine.
Resources for our Families
Talking to Children about COVID-19,” SSSAS Chaplains and Counselors
“Talking to Children about COVID-19,” National Association of School Psychologists
“Speaking Up Against Racism Around the New Coronavirus,” Teaching Tolerance