Bobby Brasher is the Director of School Security for The Brook Hill School, a private, Christian, college preparatory, international boarding school with both day and boarding students in Bullard, Texas. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Louisiana Tech University with emphasis in Criminology. He has a lengthy background in Education as well as Security and Law Enforcement. Bobby graduated from the University of Louisiana – Monroe and received his P.O.S.T. certification.
He served 6 years as a police officer and Sheriff’s Deputy. He consults on safety and security for schools and churches including independent/private schools in Latin America and Africa. Bobby has spent time in Israel observing Israeli strategies and tactics. He started a nonprofit Christian defense and safety organization to assist and train churches and faith-based schools on how to protect, educate, and respond to various emergency situations.
His other certifications and experiences are:
- Texas Education Agency Secondary Teaching Certificate
- Louisiana Department of Education Secondary Teaching Certificate
- United State Marine Corps Teacher Education School
- School Safety Specialist (The Center for Safe and Secure Schools)
- Six years as a commissioned police officer working as a Sheriff’s Deputy and City police officer.
- Certified Police Academy Instructor for Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
- Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor for Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
- Department of Homeland Security/FEMA certified Search and Rescue
- Over 20 years’ experience as a classroom teacher in Police Operations and Introduction into Law Enforcement
- Texas Dept. of Public Safety License to Carry Instructor
- Texas Dept. Of Public Safety Private Security Bureau Level 2,
- Level 3 and Plain clothes Level Protection Officer
- DPS Private Security Bureau classroom and Level 3 Firearm instructor.
- FBI Child Abduction Rapid Response Training
- Homeland Security Emergency Management Institute (National Response Plan)
- United States Secret Service- School Threat Assessment Training
- Department of Homeland Security- Office Bombing Prevention- Improvised
- Explosive Device
- Texas Certified Personal Protection Officer