This summer, 4th grade students read Because of Wynn Dixie.
After reading, students were tasked with creating a diorama that re-created a scene from the book. Students then added their own summary and presented their scene to their classmates.
This project is designed to help students in a variety of ways:
- Improve reading comprehension
- Expand their creativity and imagination
- Utilize their writing and summary skills
- Polish their presentation abilities
- Keep them sharp and prevent summer slump