Pre-K & Kindergarten are some of the most formative years of a child’s life. At The Brook Hill School, we are working with our preschool and kindergarten students to lay the foundation for learning that will help them be successful for the rest of their life. We do this through a variety of innovative practices and phonics programs that keep students active and engaged at every level of learning. Starting in pre-kindergarten and kindergarten, students study art, music, technology, public speaking, and even conduct science labs.
As a Christian school, we strive to create a culture of genuine love and care. We hope that this trains up our students in a nurturing environment, and that our preschool and kindergarten program develops students that are prepared, challenged, affirmed, and encouraged in body, mind, and spirit. We see successful and happy students moving onward to excellence and success as we partner with families in the growth and development of their children. We hope that we can partner with your family in this endeavor as well.
Why Should Children Attend Pre-K & Kindergarten?
After years of research, one thing is clear: students who attend preschool and kindergarten are better prepared than those who don’t. At Brook Hill, our experienced faculty and staff are dedicated to helping students grow educationally, personally, and spiritually as we lay the foundation for them to succeed not only in college, but for the rest of their life!
what makes brook hill’s pre-k & kindergarten so unique?
- We focus on the most important indicator of success: your child’s individual needs.
- We keep Christ at the center of everything we do. We’re not just teaching students, we’re raising young citizens for God’s world.
- We help students learn how to learn by encouraging curiosity and creating space for students to find answers and solve problems.
- We design hands-on experiences and opportunities for students to learn about their world.
- We ask open-ended questions and create a culture that welcomes questions and conversations.
- We help students learn self-control, patience, and kindness. We also teach them how to respond to frustration and how to solve conflicts.
- We build confidence in students through presentations and public speaking from the youngest ages.
- We make time for students to explore their creative interests, not only in the arts, but through technology, physical activity, and free play.
This week is “Great Book Week” at the Lower School! In honor of Great Book Week, “Pumpkins on Parade” will be taking place in the library for the remainder of […]
Meet the Scates Family! Cole and Mollianna have two boys at our Lower School, Landon (2nd Grade) and Charlie (Kindergarten). The Scates Family chose Brook Hill after attending our […]
We are excited to announce that we have been recognized as a 2023 Best School in Smith County (Tyler, Texas | East Texas) by Niche for the fourth year in […]
We got to join our Lower School Innovation Club this afternoon for an insightful activity on why leaves change color in the Fall. Two of our boarding students, Joon and […]
The Scates family are new to Brook Hill this year, and they couldn’t be happier about their choice. We have loved hearing about their journey to Brook Hill and are […]
One of the defining aspects of a Brook Hill education is the culture and environment created by the Christian worldview that is embodied by our community. We got the chance […]
The Harrison family relocated to East Texas this year from Kansas City, MO and immediately fell in love with Brook Hill! Ashleigh loved it so much, she even decided to […]
The first day of school has finally arrived! Can we get a “Hallelujah!”? We are so grateful to be starting back and to have the Brook Hill Family together again. […]