Brook Hill United is proactive in educating, enhancing, and extending the scope of our cultural differences while embracing ways to bring harmony to our school.
UNITING OUR DIVERSE COMMUNITY
In the spirit of uniting our diverse community, we have formed a focus group comprised of student leaders, faculty, parents, and administrators to continue conversations about ethnicity, equality, and relationships here at Brook Hill. This focus group meets regularly to discuss a variety of topics related to our Brook Hill, East Texas, national, and international communities.
We believe that the root of spiritual sin is born from phrases like ‘I’m going to get even!’, ‘Things will never be fair, therefore I have to fight, fight, fight or I will never be heard’, or ‘God doesn’t care about me.’. However, the objective of our Christian heritage is to build up not tear down, using God-given tools to break down barriers of divisiveness, prejudices, and drastic impulsive behavior. Brook Hill is ready to clear the air on racial obstructions that hinder the mission of diversity, equality, and inclusion for every student.
- At Brook Hill, we believe that God is the highest authority and His authority is Good.
- At Brook Hill, we embrace the Bible as absolute truth and the final authority for all humanity.
- At Brook Hill, we have resolved the fact that through the Bible, God elevates the human condition from the womb to the tomb and informs and directs us how to live.
The Brook Hill United Focus Group meets throughout the school year. We are building unity in our diverse community by:
- Increasing and celebrating our diverse community
- Identifying resources to enhance classroom discussions and curriculum with more diverse topics
- Encouraging conversations and dialogue within our community by asking hard questions.
- Addressing and responding to issues and concerns as they arise
BH United is working towards building a better and more diverse community not only among our student body, but also through the strategic hiring of faculty, staff, and leadership.
- Creating access for students of color through generous financial aid policies as well as partnering with schools in underrepresented communities to bring more diversity to our campus
- As One Diversity Recruitment Services has been hired to look for ethnically, diverse, Christian educators and administrators who desire to work in a Christ-centered school
- Meeting with pastors and community leaders from under represented communities in the area to discuss enhancing and diversifying our student community
Over 30 of our Upper School students were inducted into the prestigious National Honor Society on November 14th, 2022. The students selected not only excel in the classroom, but exemplify […]
We are excited to announce that we have been recognized as a 2023 Best School in Smith County (Tyler, Texas | East Texas) by Niche for the fourth year in […]
Here at Brook Hill, we’re thrilled to announce that we have been recognized as a 2022 Best School in Smith County (Tyler, Texas | East Texas) by Niche for […]
The Sebazungu family has lived in Tyler for over a decade. Sarah is an East Texas native and Sylvain is from Rwanda. The two met in 2004 while both were […]
Adam joined Brook Hill from Shanghai, China his freshman year. Now, as a senior, and due to the pandemic, he’s attending Brook Hill through our distance learning program. During his […]
We are excited to introduce Brook Hill United! Brook Hill United is an initiative developed by our Director of Diversity and Intercultural Engagement, Ivan Johnson. The goal of Brook Hill […]
During the past week, we have seen our nation and the world journey through uncertainties and frustrations. People are struggling with how to process emotions and impulses that affect their […]